Saturday, March 19, 2011

A sunny afternoon in Kuwait

Hello world! I thought that I would just give the ol' blog an update and let you all have a quick look at what I have been up to recently.

I and five other Brandon University students arrived in Kuwait City on Saturday, March 12th at about 11:30pm.


Tonight marks the end of the first week of my last student teaching placement. So far, it's been an interesting week. I am teaching three sections of grade 10 Biology, as well as grade 11 and 12 IB/AP Biology at the ACA girls campus.

Everyone has been very nice and welcoming so far. The students are well-behaved and classroom management issues are few and far between at this point in time.

Today we toured around our area a little. We ventured to the edge of the city to take in a bit of the Kuwait Towers and the Persian Gulf. We also ended up wandering around the area for a while checking out some of the local malls and markets.

Here are a few of the many pictures taken so far..

"Kuwait Towers"


Persian Gulf Shore


Interesting building architecture

The mall we were at had a harbor for customers parking..

Palms everywhere

Market

This city is HUGE, and parts of it are quite beautiful. I look forward to learning more about the culture and taking in more of the city during the next seven weeks. Right now my biggest challenge is deciding where to go for spring break.. Sri Lanka or Jordan? Any thoughts?

Stay tuned for more.

Goodnight, from Kuwait.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Dory, glad to see you arrived safely and have had a good start. Great photos! Thanks for sharing - I hope you can keep up with the updates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Dory! Nice pics hope you have a great time!

    ReplyDelete